The British journal on electronic music, Resident Advisor, included the Kiev “Tape” in the top 10 world festivals in May. Located in the premises of the former tape cloth factory Closer – one of the best clubs in the world, according to the authors of the magazine.
The tens of electronic and dance festivals that Resident Advisor advises to get in May looks like this:
- Movement Detroit, Detroit, USA, May 25-27.
- Nuits Sonores, Lyon, France, May 28 – June 2.
- Primavera Sound, Barcelona, May 30 – June 1.
- AVA Festival, Belfast, UK, May 31 – June 2.
- Lente Kabinet, Het Twiske Nature Park, The Netherlands, May 25-26.
- Strichka Festival, Kyiv, Ukraine, May 18-19.
- L.E.V., Gijon, Spain, May 2-5.
- MUTEK.SF, San Francisco, USA, May 2-5.
- The Star Festival, Kyoto, Japan, May 18-19.
- Virgo Festival, Dunsford, UK, May 23-27.
7 dance floors, more than 40 artists, 24 hours of uninterrupted music, about 3000 guests – all this is about Strichka Festival, which was held in Kiev on May 18 and 19. This year’s line-up “Tape” included stars of experimental music, such as Bernd Friedman, and light dance techno.
Traditionally, the Strichka Festival occupies almost the entire territory of the former ribbon-weaving factory. Seven dance floors and adjacent locations were equipped for a day-long party, which allowed the festival to accommodate about 3,000 guests. The line-up festival includes more than 40 artists of different genres: from Ukrainian musicians, known throughout the world (Nastia, Borys, Noizar) to foreign stars (Ross From Friends, Paranoid London). The event is organized by Closer Kiev, which is considered one of the best clubs in the world. The fest gathered guests from different parts of Europe.